Tuesday, May 16, 2017

I received an email today...

... that told me we are USCIS approved!!!

This is huge. I thought for sure it would take a couple more weeks to receive this, but Officer Krost in the Adoption Department of the U.S. Immigration service assures me our approval letters are in the mail by tomorrow. So here is our timeline for those interested in where USCIS currently stands:

Application and Home Study received 4/13/2017
Finger printed 5/8/2017
Officially Approve 5/15/2017

I'm thrilled that this leg is over! Once the hard approvals are received I will send them to Tallahassee with a few other documents to be apostilled and I will send them to the next family traveling to Ukraine and we will wait to be submitted to the court. A couple weeks after submission we should receive travel dates for our appointment at DAP.

It is officially crunch time. There is no other way to describe it. I need to raise an additional $8,000 in roughly 2 months or close to. Pray for me. I'm really going to need it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment