Monday, March 13, 2017

One step forward- Two steps back

Good Evening--

I have some news to update you all with, some good and some not so good.

We have just been skipping right along this time around and it is by the Glory of God without a doubt. So for the good news; our FBI clearance seals came back today and they look GLORIOUS (you should sing-song read that just like I typed it!) The rest of our documents are being apostilled tomorrow and then they will be on their way to Ukraine.

Semi bad news- Our Social Worker (SW) called Friday afternoon to tell me some very disturbing news. The oversight agency they use has decided to nearly more then triple their current cost for reviewing our Study. Suddenly, out of the blue what was once $400 is now $1500, and naturally they want us to pay that additional cost even though our Study was complete and only needed the review.

When I tell you that I had a near death panic attack..... that doesn't even come close to how I felt. An additional $1500??? After we have agreed on a price and the HS is done!! I thought for sure they had lost their minds. So our SW is calling a few other oversight agencies (an oversight is required because we are adopting from a Non Hague country, more on that in another post) to see if they will do it for cheaper. I don't know what our final number will be but please pray it is NOT an additional $1100. I'm leaving this in God's hands. I won't let $1100 stand in the way of our son having a family. NO WAY!

In the mean time I am focusing on fundraising and getting that thermometer up! Way up! I am anticipating submittal for our dossier mid May. That's a long way to go and not much time so please expect to see the fundraisers kick it up a notch, or three.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment